Woodlands Township Celebrates Independence Day with Red, Hot and Blue Festival
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Residents of The Woodlands will have the opportunity to celebrate the freedom of American independence with a variety of 4th of July holiday festivities and fireworks.
The 2022 holiday program features entertainment and activities for all to enjoy, starting with the Star-Spangled Salute on Sunday, July 3, 2022.
On Sunday, July 3 at 8:30 p.m., the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion hosts the Houston Symphony Orchestra on the main stage for the Star-Spangled Salute, sponsored by the Howard Hughes Corporation. Tickets are not required for this free event. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Please visit www.woodlandscenter.org for more information.
The festivities continue Monday, July 4, 2022 at 9 a.m. with the South County July 4th Parade in downtown Woodlands. The 1.3 mile parade features marching bands, fire engines, clowns, floats and more! Please note that roads will be closed during the parade. For the parade map and more details, please visit www.4thofjulyparade.org.
After the Parade, Red, Hot & Pool offers fun refreshment at all township pools from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Lifeguards at each pool will provide fun activities from noon to 4 p.m. Light refreshments will also be available while supplies last. Red, Hot & Pool 2022 is presented by Kroger. Please note that daily charges will apply for residents and non-residents. Admission is free for pool membership holders.
The celebration will continue into the evening with the 25th Annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival featuring entertainment at five locations across The Woodlands from 6-10 p.m. All locations except Hughes Landing will feature ride-and-go entertainment and concessions.
• Northshore Park will feature musical entertainment from Johnny and the Spinsations. Please note that vehicle access to Northshore Park will be affected on the following dates for the event. For the most up-to-date access information, residents should visit www.redhotblue.org:
• From July 2 to 3: Limited and minimal car traffic for an additional installation.
• July 4: No vehicular access for safety and security reasons.
• July 5: Reopening with limited vehicle access.
• Town Green Park will have two stages for music from Rock Hound and Redd Sky Band.
• Waterway Square Park will include live music from Time Warp and the 4th of July parade prizes at 7 p.m.
• Rob Fleming Park will have live music by Common Ground. Due to limited parking in the Rob Fleming Park area, residents are encouraged to walk or bike to the event.
• Hughes Landing will feature musical entertainment from the John Barraza Project.
The annual celebration will end with an 18-minute fireworks show around 9:30 p.m. with four launch locations. Residents can enjoy both the sights and sounds of the fireworks by tuning into KSTAR Country 99.7 FM, which will broadcast the choreographed patriotic soundtrack for the 2022 event.
• Adjacent to Northshore Park: Main fireworks show near Lake Woodlands.
• Town Green Park: Secondary proximity exhibition (special effects). Please note that visibility of the main display at Town Green Park may be limited due to trees and buildings.
• Waterway Square district: fireworks near Timberloch Place and Waterway Avenue.
• Rob Fleming Park: Fireworks in the village of Creekside Park.
Coolers, picnic baskets and lawn chairs are allowed. A variety of concessions and beverages will be available for purchase. Glass umbrellas, oversized umbrellas and pop-up tents are prohibited.
The Red, Hot & Blue Celebration is sponsored by Waste Management, The Howard Hughes Corporation® and America’s ER+ Urgent Care.
Vendor applications are still being accepted for the event. Applications must be sent no later than Friday, June 24, 2022 and available at www.redhotblue.org. For more details, updates and parking information, please visit www.redhotblue.org or follow the Township of Woodlands Parks and Recreation Department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/townshipparksandrec.
As the 4th of July holiday approaches, residents are reminded that The Woodlands Covenants strictly prohibit the sale or use of fireworks and sparklers of any kind in The Woodlands neighborhoods.
For more information on Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800.