From memory loss to restlessness, 6 first signs of illness in seniors
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The first symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease in older people are changes in behavior, memory and communication skills. So if anyone around you has these symptoms, refer the person to the neurologist as soon as possible.
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: World Alzheimer’s Day 2021 is celebrated on September 21 to raise awareness about the disease and its effects. Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease, which is more common in people over the age of 65. In this case, a person suffers from acute memory loss as the size of the brain decreases and the brain cells begin to degenerate.
The first symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease in older people are changes in behavior, memory and communication skills. So if anyone around you has these symptoms, refer the person to the neurologist as soon as possible.
As the day has arrived, we have brought you a detailed list of the first symptoms that will help you identify the disease:
1. Memory loss: It is one of the most common symptoms in patients with Alzheimer’s. In this, the patient can completely forget some incidents such as forgetting the place where he regularly kept the keys. Or forget the face of a loved one.
2. Communication difficulty: Patients with Alzheimer’s may have difficulty formulating a sentence.
3. Agitation: Hallucinating things, doing or being repetitive, such as saying the same thing over and over again or doing a certain activity over and over in a day.
4. Unable to concentrate: The patient may find it difficult to concentrate on his daily activities, for example while working, he may start daydreaming or leave the area.
5. Mood changes: A person suffering from this disease can face frequent changes in mood. Depression is one of the first signs of dementia. Also, a person can see a change in personality.
6. Bad judgment: A person with the disease may find it difficult to make decisions, such as not being able to calculate money, etc.
In addition, a person suffering from this condition is not aware of the problems, so family members should pay close attention to these signs.